Tuesday 16 April 2013

Megan Morton's TheSchool.com.au Celebrate their One Year Anniversary

So I heard TheSchool.com.au celebrated its 1 year anniversary this past weekend and so I thought I would get in on the action and relive a little blog I wrote for work at Beautiful Blooms Florist Boutique about how much I loved my experience when I visited Megan and signed up for the Flower Bomb class run by Holly Hipwell, late last year....




Flower bombs may have been around in the 70s but they have  made a serious comeback thanks to Holly Hipwell. She is a creative beauty who has always adored flowers even as a little girl. Her passion oozes from her even as you hold a conversation with her about life. I really enjoyed meeting her and heard she was holding a class at Megan Morton's studio in Roseberry in Sydney. 
The warehouse where theschool.com.au was held was open, fresh and loaded with creative genius.
Megan was kind enough to let me whip out my camera and take photos of her props room which was any designers dream. A room filled with fun, whimsical pieces from every era: Token prize ribbons to Fluorescent coloured chairs, antique dinner plates to bookshelves filled with radical materials. It was inspiring and honestly left me wanting to create something! Lucky, because I was about to create a flower bomb! Ha! 
We headed into theschool.com.au room and sat a a table where our oasis, cheese platter and champagne waited. Holly did her thing explaining the techniques of making a bomb and then we went to choose the flower colour of our choice. 
 I choose a bright deep purple and sunny yellow. I loved how everyone in the room had different tastes and produced a completely different looking bomb to the person beside them.
There was a serious anticipation in the atmosphere! And by the time we were all done we were all pretty proud of ourselves! 

Holly explained that we could either put them in vases, or on top of a plate or simply hang them on a light fitting or mirror .... Perfect! It was such a fun night and glad we got to enjoy making such a simple floral arrangement that brought us so much happiness! 
Anyway check out the photos and let me know what you think of my super cute flower bombs..
Much love ... 
Riv




















No comments:

Post a Comment