Friday 16 August 2013

Unapologetic Beauty..... Guest Blog by Lucille Houston















When I was a little girl, my Nana took me to the theatre to see my first ballet show. I remember so vividly the prima ballerinas floating across the stage with such grace and beauty.  Dressed in tutus that sparkled like diamonds, each dancer that took the stage was thinner than the one before her. Each strand of hair sat perfectly in its place, joined together in a bun that was neatly tucked behind a dazzling crown like a tiara. Each dancer was perfect and I was mesmerised!
I remember convincing myself this is what ‘beautiful’ looks like...

I have never forgotten that little girl sitting in that grand theatre and the way she perceived beauty. It was nothing but skin deep and somehow  I drew the conclusion that ‘perfection’ equals ‘beauty’. How wrong I was....

As I have grown I have had the amazing opportunity to travel the world. I have been exposed to different cultures and have met people from all walks of life.
And now, more than ever, I'm convinced that true beauty has very little to do with the outward appearance. True beauty is so much more than that.

I believe if we have eyes to see, there is beauty to be found in everything.  The world’s idea of ‘beautiful’ is often limited to a size, a shape, a look, a skin-type, a hairstyle, an outfit, or a lifestyle. But I want to encourage you to go on a journey and discover what true beauty means to you.

I'm just an everyday girl, and like everyone, I have those days where I don't feel awesome about myself. It's so easy to get caught up with our looks, our weight, and all the things we wish we could change. We are, after all, only human! It’s ok to have those days! I think it's a great thing to want to be our best selves. There is power in being healthy and strong for the journey that is our everyday lives.
The problem lies in letting "those" things limit us from getting on with what we need to do. Life is far too short to miss out on all the wonderful moments and opportunities around us because we are too focused on all our flaws, and our weaknesses.  
In my honest opinion there is something so attractive and beautiful about a woman who knows who she is and is unapologetic about it. A woman who is comfortable in her own skin - flaws and all. It's time we redefine what beauty really means.



Steve Maraboli puts it so well when he says:
“Get off the scale! I have yet to see a scale that can tell you how enchanting your eyes are. I have yet to see a scale that can show you how wonderful your hair looks when the sun shines its glorious rays on it. I have yet to see a scale that can thank you for your compassion, sense of humor, and contagious smile. Get off the scale because I have yet to see one that can admire you for your perseverance when challenged in life.”

How true is that!! Love it!

As a mum of three little girls, I'm passionate about teaching them what true beauty is. I want them to grow up knowing that they are fearfully and wonderfully made, that they have so much to offer the world. I want them to grow up knowing their worth. And if I'm to teach them to love themselves, show kindness to others and see the beauty that is all around them I must first believe it myself....
So here's to the every-day choice to be our best selves, to living life to the full, and seeing the world and everything in it, in all its beauty.


All my love,

Lucille xxx











































5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it. So true. BEAUTIFUL blog hehe ;)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite blog post ever!!! It spoke right to me, thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is such an important message! Our appearance is such a small part of who we are and when we let it consume our lives, we rob ourselves (and the world) of true beauty. Thanks Lucille, you are an inspiration to many!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this read mate. Well, this is my first visit to your blog! But I admire the precious time and effort you put into it, especially into interesting articles you share here! and i think all lady wear some jewelry for become beautiful.
    Diamonds Houston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know more about diamonds quality. I recently sent out a couple of requests asking that anyone with additional third-party assessments of Diamond Way provide me with that info.
    Diamonds Houston

    ReplyDelete