Wednesday 22 May 2013

Autumn leaves, three loves of my life and the art of being present.

Autumn leaves, a running creek and my three boys made for the best afternoon. 
I love to be with them as they explore with excited squeals and their adventurous conversation. 
They make me see things that I may have missed, if I had not of been in their presence. 
We laughed loudly and got ridiculously dirty.
Water covered our shoes, prickly thistles covered our sweaters, but we didn't care. We had each other and were lost to our imaginations for a whole afternoon. 
I love moments like these. 
As a mum, its the simple art of being present.






























































1 comment:

  1. LOVE this ... you have captured a wonderful moment by your words, and preserved it memory by these amazing pictures. The colours of Autumn, the nip in the air, the freedom to explore, the excitement of discovery, the forever-friendship of brothers, and the heart of a mother - priceless!

    ReplyDelete